Mountains, Volcanos and Beaches!!
Ride in three different locations across Costa Rica, each one stunningly unique, each one hand chosen by Elizabeth for their hospitality and the exquisite care and treatment of their horses.
- Barking Horse Farm will arrange for your airport pick up. After a scenic 1 hour ride you will arrive at the farm to rest and meet your horse. Early arrivals can enjoy a short walk to a nearby waterfall.
- The trails rides through the mountains around Barking Horse Farm are some of the most rugged and beautiful that you will find anywhere in Costa Rica.
Travel to La Fortuna, close to the Arenal Volcano
- Travel by private vehicle to lodge at Rancho Margot a unique, enchanting and beautifully remote, Eco Farm near the Arenal Volcano. One of the country’s most exclusive getaways where boutique accommodation and farm-to-table dining go hand-in-hand with sustainable and self-sufficient practices.
- Their intermediate trail ride will take you around the south side of Lake Arenal. Cross the river into the rainforest for views of the volcano.
- They also offer Yoga instruction twice a day.
And finish your vacation at the Carribean Beachs of Cahuita
Travel by private vehicle to stay at Hotel Magellan Inn.
- A unique boutique hotel in a magical setting, offering comfort, elegance & tranquility in the tropical jungle.
- Enjoy riding through the lush jungle, follow tropical rivers and swim with your horse in the ocean.
- They also have a yoga pavilion.
7 Night, 8 Day Itinerary
A senic one hour ride takes you away from the bustling central valley of San Jose up into the mountains. Relax in a hammock or take the short walk to a nearby waterfall and swimming hole, meet your horse and enjoy fresh, locally produced food prepared with love in the BHF country kitchen.
Enjoy a full day trail ride. After a delicious breakfast made with eggs from our own chickens and home made yogurt and granola, ride out to the neighboring town of Tabarcia. Along the way cross rivers and even a suspension bridge. Enjoy lunch a local restaurant in the quaint village.
Day 3: Morning ride through beautiful farm land. See how coffee, sugar cane, bananas and other tropical fruits are gown on small family owned farms. In the afternoon travel to Rancho Margot in La Fortuna close to the Arenal volcano.
Day 6: After breakfast we head to the jungle on a 5 hour horse trek up the rivers and into the mountains for spectacular views to the ocean. You will see howler monkeys, sloths, iguanas, poison dart frogs, toucans, and parrots along the way.
Day 7: There is nothing as thrilling as riding your horse along the beach and swimming with your horse in the ocean. Then in the afternoon try snorkeling in the clear carrabean waters at the Cahuita national park.
Day 8: This is your travel day to return to the airport to catch your late afternoon or evening flight.
Cost: $2500 per person, includes:
- 7 nights lodging
- All transportation
- All meals
- 3 full day horseback rides
- 3 half day horseback rides
- 1 snorkeling tour
- Bilingual guide